[GRASS5] g.region error message

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Jul 30 17:51:18 EDT 2001

  I've just imported several vector files using m.in.e00 (thanks, Michel!!)
and the display shows me only a small portion of the coverage area. So, I
tried to use g.region to expand the boundary, but without success.

  First, I selected "set from vector map" and gave it the name "roads".
Nothing changed. Second, I tried creating a new region. When I entered the
name, "county", for the new region, this is what I see:

Enter name for region to be created
Enter 'list' for a list of existing region files
Enter 'list -f' for a list with region values
Hit RETURN to cancel request
> county
<county>
ERROR: default region H=8D at H=8D at et

  I know this is telling me something that I should know, but I don't know
just what that is. Help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.c=
om
                 Making environmentally-responsible mining happen.