[GRASS5] Darwin Pre1 NVIZ

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Tue Jun 5 20:45:08 EDT 2001

Jeshua Lacock wrote:

> > #openGL files for NVIZ/r3.showdspf
> > OPENGLINC           =  -I/usr/include -I/usr/X11R6/include
> > OPENGLwINC          =  -I/usr/include -I/usr/X11R6/include
> > OPENGLLIB           =  -L/usr/lib -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/lib/X11
> > -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lGL
> > OPENGLULIB          = -lGLU
> > LGLWM               = -lGLw
> > OPENGL32            =
> >
> > What did configure have to say? Is there anything relevant in
> > config.log? A successful run will look something like:
>
> Thanks Glynn!
>
> ALL-RIGHT!!!

Well, not entirely:

> NVIZ, is now built for Mac OS X!
>
> The entry in my header was blank for OPENGLwINC, OPENGLULIB and LGLWM,
> after I filled them in, boom!  We have NVIZ!

"configure" should be filling in OPENGLULIB by itself.

> Distrubution question: After Grass is built, does NVIZ require Mesa to
> be installed on the machine?

It depends whether NVIZ is linked against shared Mesa libraries.

> Configure did complain about not finding certain GL headers/libs...
>
> Following is the relevant config.log output:
>
> gluBeginCurve()
> ; return 0; }

It's the bit immediately before this which is relevant. The above are
the last two lines of the program which is used to check for libGLU.
What's required are the compile command and its error message, which
immediately precede the program.

> configure:4310: checking for GLwDrawingAreaMakeCurrent in -lGLw

NVIZ doesn't require the GLw or GLwM libraries, which is what this is
checking for.