[GRASS5] Darwin Pre1 gtty stty errors

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Wed Jun 6 00:07:30 EDT 2001

Glynn Clements wrote:

> > > I will commit a fix which removes this code, which should eliminate
> > > any portability considerations altogether. If you know of any other
> > > programs which do this, let me know.
> >
> > I neglected to mention in my last post that two additional modules,
> > i.class and i.ortho.photo, fails with the gtty & stty errors as well.
>
> Why am I not remotely surprised to find that i.class and
> i.ortho.photo/photo.2image and i.ortho.photo/photo.2target all have
> their own copies of the all-too-familiar files tty.c and curses.c?
>
> A quick run of "find ... -name tty.c" also reveals copies in g.help
> (with the actual code commented out; all four functions are stubs) and
> src/libes/vect32/georef (although this one is basically the "d.colors"
> variant, with a few changes of its own).

OK; I've removed the remaining five occurrences; that seems to be all
of them (although there could still be some lurking within code which
has been removed from the release branch).

I haven't looked into merging the various versions of curses.c yet.
For that, I would be interested in comments as to whether the code
belongs in any of the existing libraries, or if there should be a new
library for curses support routines.