[GRASS5] nviz crashing in pre1

Justin Hickey jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
Wed Jun 6 00:54:21 EDT 2001

Hi Helena

Helena Mitasova wrote:

> Has anybody tested nviz in 5.0pre1? It has a strange behavior - if I
> start it with -x flag it runs fine. If I start it with -q or a given
> elevation file it crashes everything and logs me out.

Sorry I won't be much help, but running nviz with the latest release
sources with the spearfish data (elevation.dem) seems to work fine on
our SGI Origin 2000. I tried both -q and providing the elevation map on
the command line.

So it seems to be either a platform problem or a local problem. Sorry.

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
High Performance Computing Center