[GRASS5] nviz crashing in pre1

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Tue Jun 12 12:52:55 EDT 2001

On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 02:53:22PM -0400, Helena Mitasova wrote:
> Has anybody tested nviz in 5.0pre1? It has a strange behavior - if I
> start it with -x flag it runs fine. If I start it with -q or a given
> elevation file it crashes everything and logs me out. However, -q and
> elevation
> runs OK if nviz was run with -x flag first. So it seems that -x option
> sets something which is missing
> in the other options. Or am I missing something here? I am running it
> with RedHat 7.1
> I am not sure whether this is a bug or I don't have something set up
> properly.

Helena,

here it crashes, too. AARGH!! Recently it was o.k.

- If I start without maps, it opens.
- If I start with a raster map, it crashes (seg.fault).
- If I start with a raster map and "-q" it opens but doesn't display
  anything
- If I start with a raster map and "-x" it opens and works.

Bob, do you have any ideas?

Markus