[GRASS5] Darwin Pre1 gtty stty errors

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Thu Jun 7 12:03:42 EDT 2001

Eric G. Miller wrote:

> > These programs fall into five basic categories:
> >
> > 1. False positives (apparently). Most of the listed d.* programs seem
> > to handle the --interface-description flag fine.

[snip]

> NOTE: Each one of these produces a Segmentation fault after outputting
> the description on the command line.

Not here, they don't.

> Maybe we could track down the reason for the Segmentation fault's in
> category 1, as the interface description output seems to fail when
> called from a script.

I don't see it, so I'll need you to track it down.

> > Most of category 4 is going to have to stay as-is for 5.0.0, although
> > some of them might be amenable to "rehabilitation" as command-line
> > programs without too much work.
>
> I guess a program that would use this mechanism could blacklist
> "category 4" programs...

It might be nice if --interface-description still worked, e.g.
outputting a description which stated that the program was
interactive-only.

There's also the question of whether any of these programs provide
useful functionality which isn't available in any existing
command-line program.