[GRASS5] Darwin Pre1 gtty stty errors

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Fri Jun 8 01:11:04 EDT 2001

Eric G. Miller wrote:

> > [snip]
> >
> > > NOTE: Each one of these produces a Segmentation fault after outputting
> > > the description on the command line.
> >
> > Not here, they don't.
>
> Do you have a graphics device running?

No. I wouldn't have found the category 2 cases if I had.

> Most of the ones I've looked at have a call to R_open_driver(),

That applies to all of the category 2 cases.

> or don't call G_gisinit() before defining module options (bad).

OK; some of them do call G_define_module before G_gisinit(). However,
I can't see why that would actually cause problems; AFAICT, neither
G_define_module nor G_define_option rely upon anything having been
initialised.

Having said that, if G_gisinit(argv[0]) is meant to be called before
anything else, I'll make changes where necessary.

> > > I guess a program that would use this mechanism could blacklist
> > > "category 4" programs...
> >
> > It might be nice if --interface-description still worked, e.g.
> > outputting a description which stated that the program was
> > interactive-only.
>
> Depending on the module, this shouldn't be too hard.  But, the module
> must have a version in grass5/etc/bin/cmd/ otherwise the front end
> intercepts the command line call with parameters (all that gmakelink5
> line noise stuff).

Maybe front.end could trap the case where --interface-description is
used.

> There's nothing in the grass-interface.dtd to flag
> an interactive or console-interactive module.  Perhaps such an addition
> would be useful?

I think so.

I'm not sure if we need to have a function to declare interactive-only
behaviour. It may suffice to test "!n_flags && !n_opts".