[GRASS5] compiling grass5.0.0pre1

ziyadin cakirz at itu.edu.tr
Mon Jun 4 08:19:29 EDT 2001

Dear Markus,
I have finally manage to compile all the modules that come with
grass5.0.0pre1. There was only one left  (src/raster/wildfire) but
I compiled it manually. The problem with this was that Gmake and
some other files (e.g. src) of this module did not exist.

The problem with the other modules (apart from my missing
libraries) that I could not compile was that there is a problem either
with my tar program or with grass5.0.0pre1.tar.gz file;
when I gunzip and untar the file tree directories are missing. These are
../src/sites
../src/scripts
src.contrib
I later obtained these from snap_shots source file on your server.
I have also made a test and compiled this version. It works.

I  have one problem now; when I invoke nviz I get this error mesage

Mapset <PERMANENT> in Location <spearfish>
GRASS 5.0.0pre1 > nviz
/usr/local/grass5/bin/nviz: tclsh: not found

I would be happy if you could give some suggestions about this.

Cheers,
Ziya

Ziyadin CAKIR                          Tel:++90 +212 2856320
Istanbul Technical University          Fax:++90 +212 2856210
Mining Faculty, Geology Department    Mail:cakirz at itu.edu.tr
Maslak/Istanbul/TURKEY