[GRASS5] compiling grass5.0.0pre1

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Mon Jun 11 09:12:18 EDT 2001

Dear Ziya,

On Mon, Jun 04, 2001 at 03:19:29PM +0300, ziyadin wrote:
> Dear Markus,
> I have finally manage to compile all the modules that come with
> grass5.0.0pre1. There was only one left  (src/raster/wildfire) but
> I compiled it manually. The problem with this was that Gmake and
> some other files (e.g. src) of this module did not exist.

mhh, that's surprising. Here I have a Gmakefile in
src/raster/wildfire/

you should be able to compile from there.

> The problem with the other modules (apart from my missing
> libraries) that I could not compile was that there is a problem either
> with my tar program or with grass5.0.0pre1.tar.gz file;
> when I gunzip and untar the file tree directories are missing. These are
> ../src/sites
> ../src/scripts
> src.contrib

Are you sure? I have just checked the tarball, the directories are in.
Perhaps you have been looking in the wrong directory.

> I later obtained these from snap_shots source file on your server.
> I have also made a test and compiled this version. It works.
o.k.

> I  have one problem now; when I invoke nviz I get this error mesage
>
> Mapset <PERMANENT> in Location <spearfish>
> GRASS 5.0.0pre1 > nviz
> /usr/local/grass5/bin/nviz: tclsh: not found
>
> I would be happy if you could give some suggestions about this.

Check for the file tclsh8.0 (or tclsh8.1 or tclsh8.2...) and set
a link to tclsh:
ln -s tclsh8.1 tclsh

Then it should start.

Good luck,