[GRASS5] Darwin Pre1 NVIZ

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Mon Jun 11 09:44:00 EDT 2001

On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 04:15:50AM +0100, Glynn Clements wrote:
[...]
> Anyway, all of this is moot unless g3d finds its way back into the
> source tree.
>
> So, should I get rid of the GLw checks altogether? Or is g3d's absence
> likely to be only temporary?

Glynn,

this g3d absence *is* only temporary unless the bugs are fixed. Jaro
Hofierka offered to look into them, probably he will find the time.
Or, Helena, could you provide some help?

Basic bug is the 3D coordinates system confusion: The 3D coordinates system
should be similar to GRASS 2D, just with a 3rd dimension. At time some
modules read bottom-up, other top-down etc. Maybe much of the problems
can be cleaned out without too much work, only someone has to fully
understand the g3d concept.

Markus