[GRASS5] broken links in documentation and s.vol.rst

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Tue Jun 19 12:37:29 EDT 2001

Markus,

maybe you can replace the outdated command list reference on grass
manual page with Eric's list - it is really useful both for new and
old users.

http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/gdp/html_grass5/grass_commandlist.html

And here are the broken links

http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/grass5/related/README.mesa3d
(this link is called from
http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/grass5/binary/linux/REQUIREMENTS.html

several links:
http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/gdp/html_grass5/programming/time/index.html

http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/gdp/html_grass5/programming/sites-api/index.html

http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/gdp/html_grass5/programming/raster/fpnv.html

http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/gdp/html_grass5/programming/g3d/index.html

called from
http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/grass5/index.html

Also please update:
http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/grid3d/index.html
it has a link to s.vol.rst binaries and says that sources won't be
distributed.

As for s.vol.rst - it may actually be useful to include it into GRASS5 - it
can be run
without the grid3 if it is run with the option of bivariate interpolation
with additional variable (for example precipitation with influence of
terrain).
We just got a paper accepted about it to TGIS and we say that it is available
in GRASS5, so it would be nice to have it there. It works very well and there
aren't
many programs around that can do that. However, there is a problem with
compilation
without the g3d library so I would have to take out all the volume stuff and
we
may end up again with 2 versions of similar program. So I don't know, let me
know
what do you think.
Figure 4b and a related animation in the document

http://www2.gis.uiuc.edu:2280/modviz/viz/sinter.html
and
http://www2.gis.uiuc.edu:2280/modviz/viz/tropy.html

illustrates what the program does The input is 2D raster of elevation and site
precipitation
and output is precipitation raster map. It can be used also for other
phenomena.

Helena