[GRASS5] Re: [bug #750] (grass) g.manual problem

Justin Hickey jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
Mon Jun 11 21:43:14 EDT 2001

Hi Markus

Markus Neteler via RT wrote:
> here it works fine. Be sure that you have eliminated the (old) binary
> version of g.manual. Check
>
> which g.manual
> /usr/local/grass5/scripts/g.manual
>
> that you use the script version. What does
>
> echo $GRASS_PAGER
> more
>
> tell you?

The following is a sample run from Grass built yesterday from an update
of the release branch, followed by

make uninstall
make clean
make
make install

Note that this was obtained by selecting the text on the terminal
window, and then pasting it in my mail composer window.

Mapset <PERMANENT> in Location <jhickey>
GRASS 5.0.0pre1 > g.manual -1

Mapset <PERMANENT> in Location <jhickey>
GRASS 5.0.0pre1 > which g.manual
/tmp/grass/grass5/scripts/g.manual

Mapset <PERMANENT> in Location <jhickey>
GRASS 5.0.0pre1 > echo $GRASS_PAGER
more

Mapset <PERMANENT> in Location <jhickey>
GRASS 5.0.0pre1 > g.manual -a

Mapset <PERMANENT> in Location <jhickey>
GRASS 5.0.0pre1 >

As you can see, the -1 and -a options do nothing for me. I haven't had
time to look at this yet, any hints on where to start?

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
High Performance Computing Center