[GRASS5] [bug #752] (grass) configure: doesn't add -lGL -lGLw -lGLUT entries in head file (Solaris)

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Wed Jun 13 10:27:34 EDT 2001

On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 07:13:57PM +0100, Glynn Clements wrote:

> Request Tracker wrote:
>
> > the "configure" doesn't add -lGL -lGLw -lGLUT in head file on Solaris/SUN
> > while this is working on Linux. Similar was reported for MaxOSX recently.
> >
> > After adding above entries into head file, everything compiles fine.
> > The libraries are detected:
> >
> > [...]
> > checking GL/gl.h and GL/GLwMDrawA.h...  -I/usr/include -I/usr/local/include and  -I/usr/include
> > checking for glBegin in -lGL... (cached) no
> > checking for gluBeginCurve in -lGLU... (cached) no
> > checking for GLwDrawingAreaMakeCurrent in -lGLw... (cached) no
> > checking for GLwCreateMDrawingArea in -lGLwM... (cached) no
> > [...]
> >
> > I have no idea how to fix this (as it works for Linux). Probably
> > some wrong variable quoting?
>
> What does config.log say?
>
> After the line:
>
> configure:4226: checking for glBegin in -lGL
>
> there should be the compilation command, along with any error messages
> and the source of the test program. The error message(s) should
> provide some clues as to why it failed.

It seems there is nothing:

configure:4044: checking libpq paths
configure:4059: checking for PQcmdTuples in -lpq
configure:4183: checking GL/gl.h and GL/GLwMDrawA.h
configure:4226: checking for glBegin in -lGL
configure:4270: checking for gluBeginCurve in -lGLU
configure:4314: checking for GLwDrawingAreaMakeCurrent in -lGLw
configure:4354: checking for GLwCreateMDrawingArea in -lGLwM
configure:4460: checking for sql.h
configure:4496: checking for location of odbc lib
configure:4594: checking for jpeglib.h

(above of that the curses compile thing is present in config.log).

Strange...

 Markus