[GRASS5] grass font

Somesh Agarwal agarwal_somesh at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 14 09:13:19 EDT 2001

> Hi Somesh,
>
> unfortunately I have no idea about the font system in GRASS.
> Alex Shevlakov, are you listening here? Perhaps you could throw
> in some ideas for a local README?
>
> Thanks,
>
>  Markus

working on grass from last 2 weeks I have being able to figure out all
the nuts and bolts of how fonts  work in GRASS and willing to write a
README if you let me do so .
But I feel that present support on grass for fonts is very primitive
and it will restrict its growth in local markets where localization
is an important issue. I am trying to anable the bit map fonts (bdf) to
be rendered on grass . Is there any one in the list who is interested in
working with me ?? the idea is to rewrite the code for
src/display/devices/lib
relevant files so that we are able to write bitmap characters on the
display
device .. any takers
regards
somesh