[GRASS5] [bug #753] (grass) tcltkgrass menu system says xterm not found with Xfree 4.0

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Thu Jun 14 10:48:26 EDT 2001

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=753

Subject: tcltkgrass menu system says xterm not found with Xfree 4.0

Platform: Linux/Intel
Linux distro: Mandrake
linux cpu: AMD (K6, ...)
Xwindows version: Xfree 4.0.x
Xwindows manager: KDE 2.x
TclTk version: tcl/tk 8.3
grass downloaded at: Hannover site
grass binary for platform: Linux/Intel binaries

Hello.

Excuse my poor written english. I found two bugs.

* The first bug was using the tcltkgrass menu system to display data. When I
try to do 'display -> monitors -> start -> X0' or other, grass5 says xterm
not found. In the grass shell it works perfectly 'd.mon start=x0'. I think
it is because xfree 4.0 maybe comes without xterm. Then I did install
xterm.rpm from Internet and the problem disapeared.

* The second bug is that all operations with mapcalc returns me images
without data. I think it is because i have installed a precompiled version
for i686 when I work with an AMD K6-2, that is an i586. All the other
functions except mapcalc works fine.

Thanks.

Àlex