[GRASS5] [bug #756] (grass) interaction between r.slope.aspect and r.flowmd

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Sat Jun 16 18:23:27 EDT 2001

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=756

Subject: interaction between r.slope.aspect and r.flowmd

Platform: Linux/Intel
Linux distro: SuSe
linux cpu: AMD (K6, ...)
Xwindows version: Xfree 3.3.6
Xwindows manager: KDE 2.x
TclTk version: tcl/tk 8.3
grass downloaded at: Baylor site
grass binary for platform: Linux/Intel binaries

I have a problem with r.flowmd and/or r.slope.aspect  The vector map (flout) contains many horizontal lines that go completely across the monitor window (obviously junk).  This occurs if I run r.slope.aspect and have the module calculate both slope and aspect outputs.  If I have r.slope.aspect calculate just the aspect, the problem does not occur.  Very strange, it seems that calculating more than one output in r.slope.aspect causes errors in the aspect output which r.flowmd cannot handle properly.
My DEM is 2 meter created from contours using ANUDEM.  No cliffs or other difficult features.
This problem occures with both beta release 7 and the 5.0.0pre.
I am using Suse 6.4 with updated Tcl/Tk
Erik Venteris
School of Natural Resources
The Ohio State University