[GRASS5] xdriver: Unable to get sufficient colors

Radim Blazek Radim.Blazek at dhv.cz
Wed Jun 27 01:15:00 EDT 2001

Hi,

I have fresh devel and stable grass50 here with following problem:

d.mon in stable branch:

d.mon start=x0
using default visual which is PseudoColor
ERROR: Unable to get sufficient colors
No socket to connect to for monitor <x0>.
Problem selecting x0. Will try once more
No socket to connect to for monitor <x0>.

I have 256 colors only here on KDE2.1/RH7.1.  It starts OK in devel branch.

How is that with stable contra devel branch? I thought, that all fixes from
stable are merged to devel and if now new features were added to devel
for xdriver, both devel and stable should be identical. Which doesn't seems
to be true.

--------------------
BTW:
d.zoom in development branch (in stable the same probably, but I cannot test)
requires at least one raster, vector or site:

    if(!rast && !vect && !site)
    {
          rmap->required = YES;
          just->answer = 1;
    }

If d.area is displayed only, d.zoom asks for raster file. But I want zoom in
areas only.

Thanks.

Radim