[GRASS5] xdriver: Unable to get sufficient colors

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Wed Jun 27 01:34:30 EDT 2001

Radim Blazek wrote:

> I have fresh devel and stable grass50 here with following problem:
>
> d.mon in stable branch:
>
> d.mon start=x0
> using default visual which is PseudoColor
> ERROR: Unable to get sufficient colors
> No socket to connect to for monitor <x0>.
> Problem selecting x0. Will try once more
> No socket to connect to for monitor <x0>.
>
> I have 256 colors only here on KDE2.1/RH7.1.  It starts OK in devel branch.

Has the colourmap been consumed by existing clients? Does the problem
occur if the monitor is the only program running using the display?

The above error should only occur if InitColorTableFixed() is unable
to obtain the 8 corners of the RGB colour cube (black, red, green,
blue, yellow, cyan, magenta, white).

> How is that with stable contra devel branch? I thought, that all fixes from
> stable are merged to devel and if now new features were added to devel
> for xdriver, both devel and stable should be identical. Which doesn't seems
> to be true.

Either someone is committing changes to the devel branch, or the
merging isn't occurring. The CVS server is currently unavailable, so I
can't determine which is the case.