[GRASS5] freetype support

Somesh Agarwal agarwal_somesh at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 28 08:48:50 EDT 2001

hi all ,
   I have being trying to add freetype support to grass . I have being
able to render the glyphs
on the grass display screen (using ttf fonts). This means that this
program can be used to print labels on
grass display reading from a a file or inputted on the fly in unicode.
Now I wan't to add this to the GRASS
there are 2 progs which are capable to displaying hershey fonts on the
display (namely d.label (on the fly)
and d.labels (from a file)) . Now my question is should I add another
program (say d.truetype or d.unicode)
or make changes in the exsisting label programs to integrate in with
GRASS. I don't wan't to keep the
code I have written to myself but to give it away with grass. Some
please englighten me .
Thanks
somesh