[GRASS5] GRASS 5.0.0 branch question

John Huddleston jhudd at lamar.colostate.edu
Fri Mar 30 08:45:17 EST 2001

Good morning Markus,

Whenever you update files on your local system with the -r
option, it is like a checkout from the repository with that
TAG.  As such, "cvs update -r releasebranch_5_0_0"
brings out that code and places a sticky tag in the CVS/Entries
files.  Look at one as an example.  You'll see a
Treleasebranch_5_0_0 at the end of each line.

cvs --help update    gives the options and shows that
the -r and -D checks out code as sticky

Use the cvs update -A to release the Tag

Use the command

cvs commit -m "comment" -rreleasebranch_5_0_0 REQUIREMENTS

to commit the REQUIREMENTS file to the branch

That help?

John