[GRASS5] Recommended tweak for 5.1

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Fri Mar 30 09:18:19 EST 2001

On Fri, Mar 30, 2001 at 03:21:03PM +0200, Radim Blazek wrote:
[...]
> v.[in|out].dxf should be rewritten to work on binary vector and
> merge v.in.dxf, v.in.dxf2 and v.in.dxf3d. I think that we should use
> some dxf library (to support new dxf versions). Does anybody know about
> some GPL dxf library in C? I have found only http://omega.sim.no/coin3d/dime_about.xml
> which is C++.
>
> All for grass51.

Hi Radim,

not very promising, but there is also:
o http://dxflib.sourceforge.net/  (however, C++)

o http://www.iserv.net/~strdream/jeff/programs/ (unsupported?)

o Maybe: OGR Simple Features Library (the server is currently unreachable)
  Frank Warmerdam might write a C API once for it (not sure)

Sorry, not too much of help,

 Markus