[GRASS5] Recommended tweak for 5.1

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Mar 27 14:24:40 EST 2001

On Tue, 27 Mar 2001, Markus Neteler wrote:

> Maybe you could send the command copy-pasted so that we get your
> problem?

  As I went to do this, I realized the source of my problem: pwd wasn't the
project directory. It was the directory from within which I launched GRASS.
I do find this interesting, though.

  If I launch GRASS from my home directory, but specify $GISDBASE, LOCATION,
and MAPSET as, for example, /mnt/usr4/projects/nevada/coeur/, when GRASS
starts, it has ~/ as the current directory rather than the mapset directory.
I guess I've not started GRASS from other than the project directory before.
And, without thinking about it yesterday and this morning, I assumed that
GRASS's default directory was in the mapset. I guess now that's only for
GRASS-generated files. Correct?

  Thanks, Markus, for allowing me to see what happened. It's not what I
expected (based on the behaviors of other applications), but I can certainly
live with it now I'm aware of the differences.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com