[GRASS5] solaris

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Tue Mar 27 03:05:32 EST 2001

Helena,

On Mon, Mar 26, 2001 at 11:39:16AM -0500, Helena Mitasova wrote:
> We have made another attempt to compile the  CVS version on Solaris -
> this time it is giving different errors and unfortunatelly it still does
> not
> compile - this is probably more Solaris problem rather than GRASS
> problem
>
> the error and config log files are at
> http://www2.gis.uiuc.edu:2280/modviz/temp/solaris.compile
>
> If you see anything obvious, please let us know,
Yes, I think so:

configure: In function 'main':
configure:2565: structure has no member named 'maxy'
configure: failed program was:
#line 2559 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

#include <curses.h>
  WINDOW w;

int main() {
w.maxy = 0;
; return 0; }

This indicates problems with your curses library. Bob Covill had similar
problems and fixed them by upgrading to ncurses5.

A wish: If src/libes/gis is failing, please send the local error as
well

cd src/libes/gis
gmake5

Most other errors will be related to the missing libgis.a.

So, please upgrade the oldish curses on Solaris to ncurses5.

Regards

 Markus