[GRASS5] GRASS 5.0.0 stable release branch started!

Justin Hickey jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
Tue Mar 27 03:11:48 EST 2001

Hi Markus

Markus Neteler wrote:
> today I have started the GRASS 5.0.0stable branch... :-)
> Beforehand I have tagged the release.

Great news!!

> TAG="grassreleasebranch_5_0_0"
> using cvs tag.
>
> BRANCH="grassreleasebranch_5_0_0"
> using cvs tag -b

So to check out the branch code we do

cvs co -b grassreleasebranch_5_0_0

or something like that?

> If I got it, the "main" tree is remaining experimental and all
> bugfixes to go into the stable release have to go into the release
> branch. Like that you can continue to check in experimental code as
> well as bugfixes.

Would it be best to commit bugfixes only to the release branch and then
merge the branches back into the "main" tree? Or is having developers
commit bugfixes to both the release branch and "main" tree better?

Now to identify bugs we would like to see fixed. Should we start with
the ones that have RC status in the BUGS file?

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
High Performance Computing Center