[GRASS5] Tag test 2

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Thu Mar 22 04:46:19 EST 2001

Hi Justin,

On Thu, Mar 22, 2001 at 03:28:24PM +0700, Justin Hickey wrote:
> Hi Markus
>
> Ok, I tested this and there are a few errors to report. First
> src/raster/r.in.gdal requires a -shared option to the link line to
> compile. This is a MIPSPro compiler option so I don't know if r.in.gdal
> would compile properly on SGI with gcc. Also, I'm not sure just how to
> handle this. I suppose this should be connected to configure somehow,
> but I'm not sure how. If all else fails we can add a note in the INSTALL
> file for SGI MIPSPro users.
mhh, no idea. Hopefully Frank Warmerdam has a recommendation.

> Second, src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2 failed with the following error:
>
> src/CMD/gmake5.0 src/libes/libimage
> src/libes/libimage - directory not found
> *** Error code 1 (bu21)
> GISGEN failure at STEP: src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2
Ok, I have added it to cvsbranch.sh.
You may check that out using the "testbranch_5_0_0stable" tag.

> Third, src.garden/answers/src.answers/raster/r.fill.dir failed with the
> following error:
>
> src/CMD/gmake5.0 ../r.direct
> ./r.direct - directory not found
> *** Error code 1 (bu21)
> GISGEN failure at STEP: src.garden/answers/src.answers/raster/r.fill.dir
>
> I don't know about these ones.
Yes, known problem. Roger Miller currently improves r.fill.dir, hopefully
we have a working version in a few days which will go into
src/raster/r.fill.dir
Then this bug will disappear (and the r.fill.dir run with FP).

> Other than that, grass runs and renders raster and vector files. But
> that's all I tested. Hope this helps.
Perfect. Seems we have it complete. I could compile as well.

Helena, did the Solaris2.8 bug disappear using my patch?

Regards

 Markus