[GRASS5] New null_val.c code

Justin Hickey jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
Thu Mar 22 04:09:07 EST 2001

Hello all

I have recently made simplifications to the src/libes/gis/null_val.c
file. My changes also fixed a bug for SGI's that was causing several
errors in some modules (null values were not being detected). Since this
is a change to a library file you should perform a

make clean
make

so that all modules link to the new library. Note that some of the
changes I made included removing #ifdef's for ALPHA64, FREE_BSD, and
LINUX. Thus I would appreciate it if people who have these platforms
could test the new changes.

I have provided a simple test program for checking if the NULL values
are set properly and also checking if they are detected properly. The
program is located in src/libes/gis/TESTS/nullTest. Simply cd to that
directory and run gmake5. It will create a program in the current
directory called nullTest. To run it simply type ./nullTest the output
should appear as follows (or similar):

================= start output =======================================

Null value of CELL should be equal to INT_MIN
INT_MIN = 80000000 in hex code
Value of null value for type CELL, 3 values
80000000 80000000 80000000

Null value of FCELL should be all 1's
For a 32 bit FCELL value, this is FFFFFFFF
Value of null value for type FCELL, 3 values
FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF

Null value of DCELL should be all 1's
For a 64 bit DCELL value, this is FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Value of null value for type DCELL, 3 values
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Test of G_is_c_null_value()
CELL null value detected

Test of G_is_f_null_value()
FCELL null value detected

Test of G_is_d_null_value()
DCELL null value detected

The 3 values are used to test the feature of the NULL setting functions
to set multiple NULL values.

Thank you to those who test these changes and please let me know of any
problems that may occur.

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th