[GRASS5] Re: [GRASSLIST:1658] Re: r.in.gdal - new libgdal.1.1.so

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Wed Mar 21 11:00:07 EST 2001

Hi Frank,

[cc to GRASS 5]

On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 10:08:33AM -0500, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Markus Neteler wrote:
> > Thanks, Frank!
> > Of course it will be included in the next binary package.
> >
> > Additionally we would need Solaris/SUN, Solaris/Intel and SGI
> > versions, hopefully you can get volunteers to build that for you.
> >
> > The addition of this lib is documented in the release rules for
> > GRASS binaries.
>
> Markus, et al,
>
> I have made IRIX 6.5, and Solaris 2.7 shared libaries available in the
> same place.
>
>   http://gdal.velocet.ca/projects/grass/index.html

Great, this is perfect for the other binary releases of GRASS.

> I would be happy to help anyone interested in building for Solaris/INTEL,
> MacOS X, Cygwin, etc.  Let me know if the files I have created don't work
> properly.
>
> Best regards,

Frank, there might be a related problem due to the
 libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3
stored in
$GISBASE/lib
for libgdal.

Several people have reported this error:
    BUG IN DYNAMIC LINKER ld.so: dl-version.c: 210: _dl_check_map_versions:
    Assertion 'needed != ((void *)0)' failed!

for nviz and r3.showdspf. I am not sure about this bug, but can it be
caused by the LD_LIBRARY_PATH? Probably nviz catches the wrong libstdc?

There seems to be a time coincidence with us adding the LD_LIBRARY_PATH into
$GISBASE/etc/Init.sh and above bug.

Regards

 Markus