[GRASS5] compiling on solaris

Glynn Clements glynn at sensei.co.uk
Tue Mar 20 21:03:52 EST 2001

Helena wrote:

> this is the error message for the Solaris8 compile
> error.c: In function `G_fatal_error':
> error.c:72: `__builtin_va_alist' undeclared (first use in this function)

This is a problem with your compilation environment.

gcc's stdarg.h typically includes one of the va-*.h files depending
upon CPU type. These normally live in the directory
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/<platform>/<gcc version>/include, along with stdarg.h
itself.

Some things to check:

1. Is there a stdarg.h in /usr/include? (there probably shouldn't be).
If so, does running the compilation command manually without the
"-I/usr/include" switch fix it?

2. Try preprocessing the file, with "gcc -E -dD" (plus the "-I"
switch(es). This should tell you what header files are being included,
and what macros are being defined.

--
Glynn Clements <glynn at sensei.co.uk>