[GRASS5] compiling on solaris

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Tue Mar 20 11:58:17 EST 2001

We have tried to compile the latest CVS snapshot (March 19) on
Sun Ultra 10 with Solaris 8 and we got lot of errors - mostly
due to the following:
gcc: /home2/usr/local/grass/src/libes/LIB.sparc-sun-solaris2.8/libgis.a:
=
No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

 but there were other problems too - I put the error messages at
http://www2.gis.uiuc.edu:2280/modviz/temp/grass.solaris.txt

As we don't really need the CVS version for this machine - so I would
like
to ask whether anybody has solarix 8 binaries for ultra 10 of a recent
version of GRASS available (and willing to share).

thanks,

Helena