[GRASS5] Re: [bug #223] (grass) d.zoom segfaults

spijker at geo.uu.nl spijker at geo.uu.nl
Tue Mar 20 07:07:01 EST 2001

On Mon, 19 Mar 2001, Request Tracker wrote:

> d.zoom segfaults direct after startup without any message.
> region is :
> CURRENT REGION: N=431250  S=350000  RES=250  ROWS=325
>                    E= 80000  W= 13000  RES=250  COLS=268

It seems the bug was caused by a library call in
src/libes/gis/find_file.c. A string was copied to an empty string wich
caused the segfault.

The solution (or: my solution) is the following diff for find_file.c. I
can submit it to the CVS but I don't like to mess with libraries and I
don't know if there is a 'philosophy' behind the original method.

54c54,56
<       strcpy(mapset, xmapset);
---
>       if (!mapset=="") {
>           strcpy(mapset, xmapset);
>       }

Grtz, Job

Job Spijker
Faculty of Geographical Sciences, Utrecht University