[GRASS5] d.rgb and i.composite differences

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Mar 12 06:14:40 EST 2001

On Mon, Mar 12, 2001 at 05:46:12PM +0700, Justin Hickey wrote:

> So, if we are fairly sure about the socket code as default (if you want
> to remove the IPC and fifo code, then I would suggest to do this before
> the branch OR, leave the IPC and fifo code in for this release and
> remove it from the main branch after the release branch is created),

I suggest leaving the fifo code in as a fallback.

>  Although we still need a clearly defined method for
> submitting bug fixes to the release branch (what to tag, how to tag,
> when to tag, etc).

Tagging is very important when we do merges.
So we have to tag before and after a merge in both branches.

Bug-fixes should be done in one commit, so we can use the date to
distinquish them.

	Bernhard

The FreeGIS Project                                         (freegis.org)
FSF Europe                                            	  (fsfeurope.org)