[GRASS5] d.rgb and i.composite differences

Justin Hickey jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
Mon Mar 12 05:46:12 EST 2001

Hi Markus

> Maybe we branch this week and fix the remaining things on the release
> branch?

Yes. Once we have the features we want in CVS, then we create the branch
and concentrate on bugfixing. The purpose of branching is to isolate the
code so that new features can't be added to it. Having outstanding bugs
is fine since they will be addressed before the pre-release (hopefully).

So, if we are fairly sure about the socket code as default (if you want
to remove the IPC and fifo code, then I would suggest to do this before
the branch OR, leave the IPC and fifo code in for this release and
remove it from the main branch after the release branch is created),
then I suggest we create the branch and work towards fixing bugs for
pre-release 1. Although we still need a clearly defined method for
submitting bug fixes to the release branch (what to tag, how to tag,
when to tag, etc).

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th