[GRASS5] d.rgb and i.composite differences

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Mar 12 05:40:03 EST 2001

On Mon, Mar 12, 2001 at 11:06:20AM +0000, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 12, 2001 at 11:24:16AM +0100, Bernhard Reiter wrote:

> Ok. sorry, I didn't want to bother anyone. Next time I'll put onto
> "my" server.

I guess that you did not bother anyone.
It should have been a personal hint and not a harsh critism. :/

> > Was ist jetzt eigentlich mit dem CVS barnching und der
> > 5.0.0 release?
> Well, we still have outstanding bugs (r.contour is currently under
> revision), others RC bugs as well.
>
> Maybe we branch this week and fix the remaining things on the release
> branch?

We should branch as soon as we can.
Then we should concentrate on the RC bugs on the release branch.

Steps which you probably have to do:

Tag the grass tree before branching.
You should check out a GRASS tree in a fresh directory.
Remove everything which you know is not stable or will not be fixed
for 5.0.0. (Also remove every piece of code which has a non-free or
gpl-incompatible license.) Then branch-tag this as release branch.
And tag the release branch in the beginning version again, just to be sure.
You can delete the tree afterwards, if you need the space.

Later we can still add or remove modules to this release tree.
But make sure that you use a (non-branching)-tag before you do
merges in one or the other direction.

	Bernhard
The FreeGIS Project                                         (freegis.org)
FSF Europe                                            	  (fsfeurope.org)