[GRASS5] grass cvs snapshot from 26. Feb.

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Fri Mar 9 04:20:18 EST 2001

Hi all,

On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 03:25:54PM +0700, Justin Hickey wrote:
[...]
> This may not be an NFS problem. I tried to test Andreas's situation
> (database directory mounted through NFS) and received similar errors.
> Just for the heck of it, I tried running d.mon start=x0 with a local
> database and received errors similar to what Andrea and Markus have
> posted. To try to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong I decided to
> try as clean a setup as possible. That is
>
> create a new grass directory
> create a new database directory
> store a fresh version of spearfish in new database directory
> get a complete checkout of grass
> configure --enable-postgres=no
> make
> bin.ARCH/grass5
>
> Then with the new database d.mon start=x0 gives
>
> GRASS 5.0beta12 > d.mon start=x0
> Usage: x0 [nlev]
> No socket to connect to for monitor <x0>.
> Problem selecting x0. Will try once more
> No socket to connect to for monitor <x0>.
>
> So, I think the socket code is broken since I could use them without
> problems before. Perhaps this is the same problem for Andreas' NFS
> problem? Just thought I'd let you know.

Time to investigate ... I recompiled again on Solaris with
no avail (so I won't touch my Linux as I need it for work).

What could have happened?
Those not knowing, you can make local "Changelog" files with
  cvs2cl.pl
from
http://www.red-bean.com/~kfogel/cvs2cl.shtml

I checked the XDRIVER directory but could find any problem.
May it be related to README.xdriver? Or did we miss anything
when making sockets default? It seems not to work since
sockets are default.

Markus