[GRASS5] grass cvs snapshot from 26. Feb.

Justin Hickey jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
Thu Mar 8 21:31:21 EST 2001

Hi Andreas

Andreas Lange wrote:

> Hi Markus, hi all,
>
> i just want to report that i successfully compiled the CVS snapshot
> on IRIX with gcc.
> I had to edit the header file manually, as i am not able to
> fix the configure.in script i want to ask someone to edit
> configure.in in a way that makes the changes. There should IMHO never
> be an -I include directive on the compile line.

Well, then how could we point the compiler to the src/include directory?
I'm not sure what you mean here.

> The driver is not installed with make install

This indicates that it is not created under one of the dist.ARCH/
directories. Where is it installed after gmake5?

> Are there any problems to expect with mounting the $GISDBASE via NFS?

I don't think there should be. Once the disk is mounted it should appear
to be just another directory in the file system.

> I can no longer compile NVIZ2.2,

I'm not sure here. As of a CVS update on March 6, NVIZ compiled and runs
on our IRIX machine. Sorry, not much help here.

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
High Performance Computing Center