[GRASS5] grass cvs snapshot from 26. Feb.

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Thu Mar 8 10:43:04 EST 2001

Hi Eric,

On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 06:01:25PM -0800, Eric G. Miller wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 11:09:03PM +0100, Andreas Lange wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > before making sockets default, could someone help me to get the sockets
> > setup to compile on IRIX with gcc?
> >
> > Adding -lsocket to XEXTRALIBS does not help to compile all modules, as the
> > d.* modules do not link the Xlibs. I can compile the XDRIVER24 now, but many
> > other modules still do not compile.
> > Adding -lsocket to all modules does not help too, there seems to be some
> > problem with the library order on the linker command line?
>
> Add -lsocket to XDRLIB in src/CMD/head.$ARCH
>
> > How was the problem solved with Solaris?
> > Please do not assume that everything is ok if you recieve no feedback within
> > a day ;-).

This is fixed for 5.0 due to my odd change to head-file (you will have seen
that in previous mails).

[...]
> > Are all the other drivers (HTMLMAP, PNGdriver, CELL) working with sockets?
> > Any hints on how to adapt them to sockets?
>
> Seem to be.  Note: Seems that the CELL, PNGdriver have longer start-up
> times than the XDRIVER.  So, sometimes I see d.mon report a failure to
> select the monitor.  Running d.mon select=<driver> works fine.  Seems
> there is not enough lag time in d.mon for the driver to get to the
> listen state on the socket.  Perhaps a sleep(1) in d.mon will fix this...
Eric,

the SUN situation is as follows:

GRASS:~ > d.mon select=x0
No socket to connect to for monitor <x0>.

GRASS:~ > d.mon start=x0
Usage: x0 [nlev]
No socket to connect to for monitor <x0>.
Problem selecting x0. Will try once more
No socket to connect to for monitor <x0>.

GRASS:~ > d.mon start=x3
Usage: x3 [nlev]
No socket to connect to for monitor <x3>.
Problem selecting x3. Will try once more
No socket to connect to for monitor <x3>.

I have no idea why this doesn't work.

Regards

 Markus