[GRASS5] grass cvs snapshot from 26. Feb.

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Thu Mar 8 11:31:58 EST 2001

On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 02:26:33PM +0000, Markus Neteler wrote:
> > I can start the PNG driver only once, after that i get an error message
> > that the socket is already in use. Only rm $LOCATION/.tmp/'hostname'/PNG
> > helps. Are there any problems to expect with mounting the $GISDBASE via NFS?
> > This is my setup here.
> Hi Eric...

You are stopping the monitor before you try to restart?  As far as NFS
goes -- UNIX sockets may be a problem.  I think it depends how you're
using NFS (is your data local?).  I don't think UNIX sockets are
guaranteed to work over NFS, so if your mapset is on an NFS share -- it
could be a problem.  I have some code that will put the UNIX socket in
$HOME/.grass/com -- but if $HOME is mounted on an NFS share, there still
might be a problem.  Seems the only way to handle this would be to
create the UNIX socket in the local /tmp directory.  Since the processes
would be local *and* the socket would be local, then there should be no
problem.  I don't have an NFS setup, so I'm unable to test it.

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>