[GRASS5] Autoconf and Cygwin - X11

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Tue Mar 6 21:08:38 EST 2001

On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 10:26:44AM +1000, Mike Thomas wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> On Cygwin, autoconf generates a configure script which doesn't find the X11
> libs and headers in their default location "/usr/X11r6" (note the small r).

./configure  --help

  --x-includes=DIR        X include files are in DIR
  --x-libraries=DIR       X library files are in DIR

[snip]

> Unfortunately I don't know yet how autoconf looks for X - it seems to be the
> AC_PATH_XTRA line in configure.in.

You found it... How 'bout "mv /usr/X11r6 /usr/X11R6"?  How does the "X"
happen to be captilized, but not the "R"?  Everything I've seen says
X11R6.

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>