[GRASS5] grass cvs snapshot from 26. Feb.

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Tue Mar 6 21:01:25 EST 2001

On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 11:09:03PM +0100, Andreas Lange wrote:
> Hi,
>
> before making sockets default, could someone help me to get the sockets
> setup to compile on IRIX with gcc?
>
> Adding -lsocket to XEXTRALIBS does not help to compile all modules, as the
> d.* modules do not link the Xlibs. I can compile the XDRIVER24 now, but many
> other modules still do not compile.
> Adding -lsocket to all modules does not help too, there seems to be some
> problem with the library order on the linker command line?

Add -lsocket to XDRLIB in src/CMD/head.$ARCH

> How was the problem solved with Solaris?
> Please do not assume that everything is ok if you recieve no feedback within
> a day ;-).

> I vote for keeping the fifo setup as an option, as it worked ok for a long
> time (and i have written a G2DRIVER that still uses fifos).

What's this G2DRIVER?

> Are all the other drivers (HTMLMAP, PNGdriver, CELL) working with sockets?
> Any hints on how to adapt them to sockets?

Seem to be.  Note: Seems that the CELL, PNGdriver have longer start-up
times than the XDRIVER.  So, sometimes I see d.mon report a failure to
select the monitor.  Running d.mon select=<driver> works fine.  Seems
there is not enough lag time in d.mon for the driver to get to the
listen state on the socket.  Perhaps a sleep(1) in d.mon will fix this...

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>