[GRASS5] Autoconf and Cygwin - X11

Mike Thomas mthomas at gil.com.au
Tue Mar 6 17:52:54 EST 2001

Hi Andreas.

> on my cygwin installation with the X11R6 setup there is no directory
> "/usr/X11r6". My X11 installation resides under /usr/X11R6 (note the upper
"R"!). Do
> you have the XFree86 4.01 Version from
> http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/xfree/ ?

It's at work (I've been using Grass rather than working hard!), But I got it
from the link in the compiling Cygwin instructions.  It untars with a small
r for me.

> Do you use Windows NT 4.0 or Windows 2000 Prof.? Windows 9x is not
supported
> with this setup. And the setup will only work with NTFS or FAT32!

It was on an NT machine with NTFS.  As I need WIn98 at home for music
recording, I will continue to try and make Grass work there - if necessary
focussing on the PS.MAP and CELL modules.

I can confirm that Grass fired up a (sockets) monitor with the Nutcracker
DEC XServer under NT, but I haven't done much more on that machine.

Cheers

Mike Thomas.