[GRASS5] grass cvs snapshot from 26. Feb.

Andreas Lange A.C.Lange at gmx.net
Mon Mar 5 17:09:03 EST 2001

Hi,

before making sockets default, could someone help me to get the sockets
setup to compile on IRIX with gcc?

Adding -lsocket to XEXTRALIBS does not help to compile all modules, as the
d.* modules do not link the Xlibs. I can compile the XDRIVER24 now, but many
other modules still do not compile.
Adding -lsocket to all modules does not help too, there seems to be some
problem with the library order on the linker command line?

How was the problem solved with Solaris?
Please do not assume that everything is ok if you recieve no feedback within
a day ;-).
I vote for keeping the fifo setup as an option, as it worked ok for a long
time (and i have written a G2DRIVER that still uses fifos).
Are all the other drivers (HTMLMAP, PNGdriver, CELL) working with sockets?
Any hints on how to adapt them to sockets?

Thanks a lot in advance.

cu,

Andreas