[GRASS5] GRASS stable/exp branches

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Mon Mar 5 11:04:29 EST 2001

Our original intention was to call  GRASS with floating point support GRASS4.2
(that is how we called it in GMSlab and CERL untill somebody has released
integer GRASS as 4.2,
creating quite a confusion in versions)
and 3D GRASS as GRASS5.0 as this was a significantly new functionality. As I
understand it ,
g3d does not go into GRASS5.0 (which is correct as it is unfinished) but it
will hopefully go
into the next release - then it may be worth calling the next release GRASS6,
because besides
reorganizing the libraries it will also add the 3rd dimension, not only in
raster but as I understand
it also in vector.

This is just my opinion,

Helena