[GRASS5] grass cvs snapshot from 26. Feb.

Andreas Lange A.C.Lange at gmx.net
Sun Mar 4 08:05:52 EST 2001

Hi Markus, Hi all,

thank you very much for the all the useful answers.

I can now compile and use the cvs snapshot on linux, freeBSD and Cygwin.
You have to either do a ./configure --with-socket on a clean source tree
_or_ a
make distclean; ./configure --with-socket; make; make install
and ignore the error with install.
The sockets setup works ok. I can now even fire up X11 on Cygwin, issue bash
and login into grass and start a grass monitor. But this bogs down the
machine extremely and it is very unusual to work in a full-window X11 on Windows
2000.

I will have a look on the IRIX problem another time. Will try the -lsocket
tip first.

But i would ask to fix the install script before making sockets the default
:-). And the socket option to ./README.xdriver should be disabled or echo an
information message that it does not work.

The sockets setup is really great work.

Andreas