[GRASS5] Documentation question

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Thu Mar 1 13:24:19 EST 2001

On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 09:10:21AM -0800, Rich Shepard wrote:
>   I've downloaded html_grass5.tar.gz and unravelled it into a directory.
> When I look at grass_commandlist.html, I read the title as:
> 	GRASS 4.0 Command list reference
> 		(needs updating...)
>
> and I wonder why it is in the GRASS5 documents, not updated.
The answer is simple: Nobody updated it yet.

>   Has anyone put together a modified list representing the latest and
> greatest version 5 commands?
This should be done by a script as the "descriptions" are in most
commands now (Jan, will you add the missing G_descriptions?).

cd $GISBASE/bin
for f in ?.*; do echo '---> '$f; $f -help; done 2>&1

Something to grep the "Description" needs to be added here.
Then we feed it into a html page. Probably above "-help" should
be replaced by "--interface-description" to get the XML output.

Just my 0.02 Euro

 Markus