[GRASS5] g.html2man: perl location problem

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Thu Mar 1 14:06:39 EST 2001

Hi Justin,

thanks for your suggestion:

On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 04:45:07PM +0700, Justin Hickey wrote:
> > as the path to "perl" is hardcoded in
> > src/scripts/contrib/g.html2man/g.html2man
[...]
> Yes, perl has a similar method. The following is from the "Programming
> Perl" book:
>
> #!/bin/sh -- #perl, to stop looping
> eval 'exec /usr/bin/perl -S $0 ${1+"$@"}'
>     if 0;
>
> .. rest of perl script ...
>
> It's strange but it seems to work for me. In this case you simply
> substitute maybe $GRASS_PERL for /usr/bin/perl.

Looks funny! However, the "--" is not supported here:

g.html2man
sh: -- #perl, to stop looping: unrecognized option
Usage:  sh [GNU long option] [option] ...
        sh [GNU long option] [option] script-file ...

And also not the -S:

export GRASS_PERL=/usr/bin/perl
g.html2man
/bin/sh: -S: unrecognized option