No subject

Mike Thomas miketh at brisbane.paradigmgeo.com
Thu Mar 1 20:26:39 EST 2001

Hi Markus.

Thanks for the help.

>> Sorry your version of Tcl/Tk is 7.6 and is too old for GRASS.
>> GRASS requires a TCL/TK version of 8.0 or more.
>> Reverting back to text mode interface.
>> Please report this error to the Grass developers
>> Switching to text mode

>it says: your version of Tcl/Tk is 7.6 and is too old for GRASS. GRASS
>requires a TCL/TK version of 8.0 or more.
>-> update tcl/tk libraries (see REQUIREMENTS for URL)

Yes I knew that, but I figured they must have asked to be notified for some
deeper reason.  I think I should have followed my first instinct to ignore
this!  Maybe the script should be changed so that it doesn't ask users to
report to the Grass developers.

> " NOTES

> In fact, the r.reclass program does not generate any new raster map
>layers
> (in the interests of disk space conservation). Instead, a reclass table is
 >stored which will be used to reclassify the original raster map layer each
 >time the new (reclassed) map name is requested.
 >..."

>There you find more explanations.

If someone has the Framemaker source to the tutorial that was used to
generate the postscript, maybe I could rewrite the examples in that chapter
(5) so that they work correctly for Grass 5.

Alternatively I'll write note showing what needs to be done for Grass 5.

> Hope this helps,

It did,

Mike Thomas.