[GRASS5] g.html2man: perl location problem

Justin Hickey jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
Thu Mar 1 04:45:07 EST 2001

Hi Markus

Markus Neteler wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> as the path to "perl" is hardcoded in
> src/scripts/contrib/g.html2man/g.html2man
>
> the command:
>  gmake5 html
> fails on several platforms (like CRAY where it is in
> /opt/gnu/bin/perl
>
> Today I have added the missding
> PERL = @PERL@
> into src/CMD/head/head.in
>
> Can we utilize this? Maybe similar to the wrapper
> line used for tcltkgrass?

Yes, perl has a similar method. The following is from the "Programming
Perl" book:

#!/bin/sh -- #perl, to stop looping
eval 'exec /usr/bin/perl -S $0 ${1+"$@"}'
    if 0;

.. rest of perl script ...

It's strange but it seems to work for me. In this case you simply
substitute maybe $GRASS_PERL for /usr/bin/perl.

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
High Performance Computing Center