[GRASS5] GRASS 5.0.0pre1 tagged and sources released!

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Sun May 20 14:17:15 EDT 2001

Hi developers,

as there have been no objections I have tagged GRASS 5.0.0pre1
and subsequently released the sources onto the GRASS server.

release_grass500pre1_20_may_2001

To get the tag from CVS, either check out the full code:
 cvs -z3 co -r "release_grass500pre1_20_may_2001" grass
or update your existing version:
 cvs up -dP -r "release_grass500pre1_20_may_2001"

Before posting announcements, the binaries should be generated from the
(tagged) source code package:
  http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/grass5/source/
  (16.3MB)

Things to do (volunteers wanted, please post in "grass5" if you volunteer):
 - generate binaries for
      - Linux/x86,
      - Solaris (SUN, x86),
      - SGI,
      - MacOS X (the MacOSX binaries should have "normal" 60MB size this
        time...),
      - winGRASS
   as soon as possible. For details, how to generate such a binary release
   package, see the instructions in source code:
     documents/release_rules.txt
   See there section "Create source and binary distributions"

   Binaries can be uploaded here at
     ftp 130.75.72.36
     cd incoming
   It is write only, no reading. Please notify me after upload.

 - fix any severe bugs...
 - stop 5.0.0 development (publish it) and start 5.1 asap.