[GRASS5] GRASS 5.0.0pre1 tagged and sources released!

Justin Hickey jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th
Tue May 22 02:28:09 EDT 2001

Hi Markus

Markus Neteler wrote:
> Before posting announcements, the binaries should be generated from
> the (tagged) source code package:
>   http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/grass5/source/
>   (16.3MB)
>
> Things to do (volunteers wanted, please post in "grass5" if you
> volunteer):
>  - generate binaries for
>       - SGI

We can generate binaries here but I am having some of my colleagues do
the testing and preparation of the binaries. However, they will not have
time until next week.

Note that the binaries won't include the postgres stuff since it failed
to compile the last time I tried it on SGI and I haven't had time to fix
it yet. I will try to fix it before the final release but sorry, no
guarantees.

--
Sincerely,

Jazzman (a.k.a. Justin Hickey)  e-mail: jhickey at hpcc.nectec.or.th