[GRASS5] instructions for making binaries

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Wed May 23 11:46:44 EDT 2001

Moritz,

On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 04:55:59PM +0200, mlennert at ulb.ac.be wrote:
> Markus,
>
> in "release_rules.txt" it says that one should install GDAL and copy it to the
> GRASS binaries in /usr/local/grass5/lib. However, if one does a complete
> reinstall on GRASS, there is no /usr/local/grass5 before doing a 'make
> install' which is mentioned later in the text. Shouldn't this be the other way
> around, i.e. make install and then installation of GDAL ?

thanks for the hint, that's right. For compilation libgdal is not required.
I will change the order in release_rules.txt.

> BTW, I get a warning at the very end of the compile process:
>
> cp: cannot stat `src/scripts/shells/create_ipcs.sh': Aucun fichier ou
> répertoire de ce type
> chmod: getting attributes of `/home/grass/grass5.0.0pre1/dist.i686-pc-linux-gnu
> /dev/create_ipcs.sh': Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type
>
> This doesn't seem to cause a problem up to now, but what does this mean ?
Mhhh. It shouldn't appear any more as create_ipcs.sh is removed and all
cp's as well. Somewhere we probably missed to remove it. When does it
appear?

> P.S. Do you want this kind of questions / error message in grass5 or should I
> post them to grass-bug ?
Please to "grass5".

Thanks,

 Markus